Thursday 31 October 2013

Where is home?


The Merly Impressions October Challenge is about what home means to me.  Home means many things and I've previously scrapped about my childhood homes.  I still plan to scrap about my current home but I'm waiting for it to be finished; it's currently evolving and is a work in progress.
 
So I scrapped about my second home in Australia.  I am not fortunate enough to have two properties across the world but I have my very best friend who lives far too far away in Australia.  Whenever I visit her I am astounded at how 'at home' I feel.  I am as much at home in her house as I am in my own and I am so thankful that her family accept me.  I can stay up late, I can lie in late, I can make my own drinks and cook meals and most importantly she shares her scrap stash with me (that's true friendship!)
I even enjoy chores in her house and work my way through piles of ironing and actually love hanging out the washing.  For some-one who claims to hate house-work it is a wonder that I love doing the laundry.  It seems strange to scrap about chores, but the simple act of hanging out washing brings us together across the miles. My second home, my second family ... I love them and miss them!
 
My journaling reads: I love my second home with Sue, Jim and the boys. Even the chores are a pleasure. I love to peg out the washing knowing that it will be dry in 2 hours. I love the shoes by the door. Mine, Sue's? It doesn't matter, just slip a pair on and out you go.  I always think of you when I'm pegging out laundry.  You are with me around the world under a different sky.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy,

    Great blog. Thank you for entering the Merly Challenge. Love your layout, cute washing line and the journalling on the top is fab!!

    Chrissy xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really and truly love this page, Tracy! The picture is such fun, and there is something about pictures of laundry hanging that I am always drawn to. The papers that you hace put together are really eye pleasing! (btw, you are more than welcome to make your 3rd home here in NJ where laundry is a lot of fun as well, even though we use a dryer...am always afraid of bird poop!) What a great story and layout...didn't know you have lived in Australia,can't help feeling a bit envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your journaling. As an Aussie now resident in the UK your page makes me feel so homesick. I completely understand about the washing too! How I long for line dried washing-I get so fed up with having washing hanging all around my house!!
    And I love your layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it Tasa ;) and I hate doing laundry :D

    ReplyDelete