Monday 4 November 2013

Improving the past

As I am away from home I find myself unable to scrap and am surprised at how frustrating this is ... I guess I'm an addict.  So I have resorted to improving on what I have already done.  I created a layout for a challenge by Merly Impressions in March.  However when it was photographed the colours were not as clear as in real life.  I have now discovered online photo editing which is so easy to use and so effective I thought I'd show off the before and after shots.  The pre edited photo has a pink hue over the entire layout, which may be very feminine and in keeping with the layout but is not a true colour.

 
 
Once adjusted, the colour is much sharper and true to life.  This was a challenging layout for me as I'm never very confident at trying new techniques but successfully used stencils and stamps and distressed the edges.  It isn't easy to see the distressing but I sprayed the edges of cardstock with water and rolled the edges with my fingers.  I then lightly chalked the edges for a soft effect.  I am much more at home with inking chipboard and using Gloss effects and luckily found space for this too!  I am particularly pleased with the beautiful Kaisercraft blooms that I threaded together to underline the photo.
The whole page is one that brings a smile to my face ... as does my fabulous friend!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment