Thursday 31 October 2013

Feeling Blue

Looking at the latest CSI challenge I wanted to go with the 'feeling blue' theme and had some ideas, but some-how it didn't come together.  I needed to use a photo that I actually had in the house ... and that led to our new Grandson; which then led to blue for boys.  After 18 months of pink for girls it had to be blue for boys. 
That led to gathering supplies that fitted the colour palette demanded by CSI:

 
 
I searched my stash and laid out everything I thought might fit:
 
 
It's funny how things come together and my predominant colour turned out to be brown, thanks to Kaisercraft Praire Lane collection.  I needed to sneak in a little grey so made a heart which evolved into the title.  Not a strikingly clear title but it will suit.  Moments - the moment that we met our first Grandson Mason.
 
 
For the evidence I used flowers which I made from felt, I tied ribbon through a metal key and metal buckle.  Not sure if inks count as paint but in my world they do!  I did distress the edge of the patterned paper but it isn't very noticeable.  I wanted to tear something but am a bit of a tidy freak who struggles with tearing.  I did recycle though and used the off cuts from my border punch as an extra trim in top left and bottom right corner.
 
The journaling described the details in the photo, and is partially hidden on the tag:
Meeting Mason for the first time: my adoring gaze absorbing every detail. Beautiful lips, tiny fingers and sculptured nails.  Perfect in every way.  Our first Grandson wrapped in the blanket I knitted, wrapped in our love.
 
The rub ons add more detail and the small photo captures the magic of a newborn baby.
 
Scrapbooking gives me the opportunity to record the special moments that a photograph only glimpses.



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment