Sunday 27 October 2013

Branching Out

My next discovery was the enormous community of CSI.  They provide a wealth of inspiration and techniques and are so  supportive of each other. www.csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com
If I thought that a monthly challenge was demanding, my life was set to change when I found a weekly challenge!  I started out with drive and enthusiasm but could not maintain the momentum.  However I learned from watching others, and decided to mix both challenges and this proved sooo rewarding that I won the September Challenge with www.merlyimpressions.co.uk.  Now I have a second badge to display ... just as well I've created this blog!

I can't believe my luck and the buzz that it gave me.  To play with paper and pretty things and to be rewarded is too good to be true.  The photos of my granddaughter sleeping on my lap are a reminder of the special time that we spent and now it's extra special because it is immortalised. I even moved out of my comfort zone by using pearlised spritzing mists and inks.


 
The journaling reads: At 6 weeks old you spent 2 hours asleep on my lap. You fitted so well and I loved to watch you.  It was fantastic to have that special time with you.  Who knows what the future will hold for you ... But I will always treasure the time you spent on Nanna's Lap!
 
This was for CSI challenge # 89, and for Merly Impressions the challenge was to use no 6x4 photos. 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment