Sunday 27 October 2013

Once Upon a Time

I have been thinking about the combined challenge with CSI and Scrap 365 for over 3 weeks and it has taken this long to come together.  Although I knew what photo and theme I wanted to use I struggled with the colour palette. 
 
 
Searching my stash I came across the beautiful Websters paper and then decided it all had to fit together.
 
 
A photo of my gorgeous twin granddaughters was a must and from there I cut circles from a book page and added a little sheen from pearlised mist. I used some Kaisercraft bird rub-on and a bird / heart sticker.  I used a chicken wire stencil with chalk for a little extra texture; and also added chalk to colour the tag that was also made from a book page and contained my journaling: 'When I realised I'd never have children of my own I was devastated, but God heard my heart cry and he blessed me with double the joy'.  I thank my step daughter for this wonderful gift.
 
 


I love the Kaisercraft roses and they add to the soft magic of the layout.  Who needs fairies at the bottom of the garden when you can have these beautiful creatures?



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the way this page came out! Are the twins redheads? Beautiful photos, ribbon and I personally love deer...(and twins!) so this page is a winner......These girls are so LUCKY to have you as their Grandma plus, you are documenting their lives! Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete