Sunday 27 October 2013

Blooming as a Scrapper

I have shared my layouts on blog challenges and with my friends on Facebook and of course in huge albums at home!  However this blog will now serve as an up-to-date record of my creations (not necessarily creativity!)  I enjoy looking at other scrappy stuff and hope that others may gain something from seeing my attempts ... even if it's a demonstration of what not to do.  I may branch out into cards and beyond the page projects but at heart I am a scrapper.  I do not have my own style and am often astounded that I manage to create anything.  As a basically messy person in life I am constantly surprised that I am naturally drawn to scrap in straight lines.  I devour other sources of inspiration in magazines, blogs and crafting sites and make repeated attempts to try new styles and techniques, and to get away from straight lines.
 
Before starting with all my new creations I am posting a few layouts that I have previously enjoyed making and which say a little about who I am.
 

 
Life makes us who we are and from my childhood to the present day I am proud to be the person that I have become.  Thank you to all my friends and family who have contributed to that process and to those that do not understand me I say that it takes all types to make the world go round.
 
 
Even bad photos can be scrapped and this was really outside my comfort zone, I don't like really bold colours and rarely stamp but this old photo of my Mummy who died shortly after the photo was taken is very special in reminding me of happy memories.  Even if it doesn't 'win' in competitions it is a winner to me and that's what scrapping is about.
 
 
So many important things in life and for me the love of books was engendered in my childhood.  I have never kept a record of the books that I read in a year until last year when I was astounded to realise that I had read 24 books. This year has been fewer ... perhaps due to the amount of scrapping I've done and also to the arrival of three grandchildren.  I am still growing and changing and hope that this blog helps the process.
 


 

2 comments:

  1. i love all these pages, but Pieces of Me is very striking and personal....I love the colors and the side view/profile, which I haven't seen before. Thanks for sharing these earlier pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was done for a challenge too but can't remember when. Oddly enough the photo was taken outside a restaurant in New York 2008. I didn't like the street signs and road signs so decided to cut myself out. It was done for practical reasons but I'm pleased with the result. I have done so many layouts over 7 years but not sure whether it's appropriate now to load them to a current blog. Perhaps I could drip feed them in one a month. My very first layouts were so simple that they could have been done in kindergarten!

      Delete