Thursday 16 January 2020

Sumac Roasted Potatoes

Sumac is a spice that I bought for the Esme Salad recipe and I thought it had limited use. However, having found this recipe from an old recipe card sent from Riverford I discovered that there are other uses. I may never make ordinary potato wedges again! 

This recipe supposedly serves four. I just prepared the amount of potatoes that two of us would eat and then used the same quantity of spices because I like lots of flavour.

Ingredients:
800g potatoes, scrubbed, skins on. Either left whole if small potatoes or cut into wedges
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 heaped tsp sumac
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper

Method:
Mix together the olive oil, sumac and paprika in a bowl. 
Add the potatoes to the bowl and toss to coat in the oil/spice mixture.
Place in an ovenproof dish, season well and roast in the oven at 180*C for about 45 minutes or until cooked through.



I served these potatoes with previously posted Green Beans with Za'atar and salmon. However they would complement any meal or could even be enjoyed as an indulgent spicy treat served with dips ... either chilli salsa or cool yoghurt dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment