Tuesday 9 March 2021

A little Addicted to Green

Having got out my green inks for a previous entry in this week's Fusion Challenge I decided to play around with another Stampin' Up set. With more time on my hands I have indulged in buying two new stamps sets and today was the perfect opportunity to experiment with Very Versailles. 

I got a little carried away with this wonderful set but sometimes the simplest designs are the most effective. I love how simple this leaf design is and was very impressed with the way that the leaves were easily brought to life with a little ink and a blender pen. I love Stampin' Up Lemon and Lime Twist ink and was pleasantly surprised at how the colour altered it's effect when blended into the veins of the leaves. 

This card may not showcase a variety of greens and I have not attempted to follow the sketch but I think it still fits the green category. Maybe tomorrow I'll see how different the same design looks in a different colour palette. 

A little more blending and fussy cutting and the frame came to life. All in all a very versatile card. This one is destined to send Mother's Day love but would be perfectly suitable for any occasion.



3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the trailing vine with the butterfly! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trailing vine - thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that the vine is coming in from the side and over your layers. Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete