Thursday 3 July 2014

Official retreat finale

I was inspired to finish the prescribed layouts from the retreat and did mange it in record time for me.  This was a very different feel from the others which included so much fussy cutting and stitching.  It was quicker, but I still managed to procrastinate over which strips of paper to use and which cameras to fussy cut and then glossy accent.  I love the photo that I used which brings back so many memories ... which is exactly the reason that I scrapbook.  Five adults behaving like children as we ran around trying to capture the perfect pose ... and in fact doing the exact opposite.  I didn't print the hilarious photo of somebody's bottom as they were too late to beat the self timer, or the photo of us standing up with heads cut off ... but the memory lives on!

I was pleased with my first successful attempts at splattering. In fact I am altogether pleased!  Hope you like it too:


One thing I learned on this retreat is that journaling is so important to me.  It's all about the memory and the feeling.  I managed to find a little space to tuck it out of sight but it's there for anyone who wants a peak.



Titles were another thing that weren't prevalent on all layouts but somehow mine seemed naked without one.  I'm learning that it doesn't really matter how things turn out and the fact that I didn't have a steady hand to draw around the alphas just adds to the individuality!

No comments:

Post a Comment