Sunday 13 July 2014

Return to challenge

It's been a while since I took part in a challenge and I've missed CSI.  I was ready to embrace a challenge again and I just found time to create a layout for Case File No. 130 ...

This week I have scrapped in the true sense by using up scraps left over from a layout for the Merly Impressions retreat using Kaiser craft Happy Snap collection.  It was a photo I've wanted to scrap for a while.  It was a truly fun day that needed to be preserved.  We were on a cruise on a very stormy day when half the deck was closed due to extreme winds. We decided to walk around the promenade deck despite the signs and it was easier said than done. I have never battled against such a force of nature and we laughed hysterically as we tried to traverse the deck.  Perhaps we should have heeded the signs that said 'Do Not Enter' ... but then we would not have had such great memories!


I still haven't mastered the art of photographing a layout straight, I think I need a camera with a 2 way spirit level built in!

I used all colours in various amounts, unfortunately some ended up hidden by the time I'd arranged all the papers and embellishments.  For evidence I used stripes on the journaling card and the vertical patterned paper; and also splattered dylusion inks. There are some very tiny gem stars, and I had intended to use more evidence but somehow it didn't evolve.  For my testimony I journaled as an invitation. The Happy Snap collection was perfect to capture the spur of the moment fun that you cannot plan for and is why a good scrapper should always have her camera handy.  I was a bit concerned that there was too much stuff and not enough white space for balance but there were so many great sentiments to use that i just had to pack them in.



Thanks for looking and leaving any comments




a close up on those stars

No comments:

Post a Comment