Wednesday 21 May 2014

Dreams do Come True

This week's challenge at CSI inspired me in theme but I struggled with the colours.  They were not colours I would naturally put together and my limited collection did not provide me with much variety in blues.  I could have managed it using papers but I wanted to try mixed media.  Unfortunately I didn't have enough inks and sprays to allow a foray into much mixing!
Having scoured my supplies I decided that the Kaisercraft Chapter One collection would fit the colour scheme.  It is one of my favourite collections; in fact so much my favourite that I haven't wanted to use it ... I did manage not to cut it!  Hopefully some fellow scrappers will understand this.




I'd chosen my photo and theme before starting anything else.  My husband had often said that I had a wall around my heart when we first met.  I had been hurt too many times to want to let anybody in.  Many years ago we stayed in a gothic folly in North Wales and to be in keeping I dressed in my medieval fancy dress outfit and posed for some photos in the tower.  The photo I chose implies that I am locking myself in ... or everyone else out.


To solve the 'case' I managed the colours the best I could.  The evidence used flowers and rub ons.  Creatures were butterflies and birds and both had wings.  I added sparkly stars to the title which aren't quite jewels but make a good substitute. For Testimony I applied my journaling directly on the photo using photo editing and it reads as a fairy tale:

Once upon a time there was a girl who built a wall around her heart.  It took a special man to scale the wall and break it down. He freed her brick by brick, disguised as a friend.  When she saw his armour shining through she recognised her knight and they lived happily ever after.

I wanted to continue the idea of bricks and towers on the page so used the Crafters Workshop stencil.  Some sections I used modelling paste and in others ink to add a variety of texture.  This is not so easy to see in a photo.



I love the Kaisercraft roses and have a passion for keys at the moment.  The key is particularly relevant for this as my knight gained the key to my heart as well as to my home.  Kaisercraft products were perfect for this layout and I used a mix of collections.  In addition to Chapter one the die cuts beneath the photo were from the Secret Bird Society and the rub-ons and mini blooms were also kaisercraft.  



I have had these bird rub-ons hiding in my stash for years and this seemed the perfect occasion to use them.

Thank you for looking and commenting



Thrilled to know that I'm being watched ... so many inspiring artists and layouts it's an honour to be included among them.

1 comment:

  1. You certainly saved the paper for the perfect layout! How did you write on the photo? I love the way your art is evolving! Great photo, beautiful layout, great texture and depth in the background!

    ReplyDelete