Saturday 12 April 2014

Proud to be Quirky

I have always intended to scrap about spoons and the  latest challenge from CSI gave me the perfect opportunity.


The testimony was to document a quirk. My blog profile clearly states that I am quirky. Now where to begin?  It is only recently I have realised that I am eccentric, I previously thought that this is just me and that I was no different from others. People have called me funny and mad and at first this bothered me. 

Is it so unusual to use particular spoons to eat specific foods?  Is it normal to have specific mugs for certain drinks?  Do other people not use a different apron depending on what they are cooking?  In fact do other people use an apron at all?  Do you appreciate wood grain and revel in the feel of carved spoons and spatulas?  Do you 'try out' a new spatula before buying it?  Apparently the answer to all these questions is:  No!

I enjoyed solving this case file and particularly loved the Prima paper that incorporated flowers, butterflies and a bicycle.  I loved the paper so much I almost didn't want to deface it with mixed media but was determined to continue my experimentation with inks and stencils.  A Tim Holtz spot stencil and Dylusion inks worked well even if the finished effect wasn't what I had originally intended.  I used Cosmo Cricket stickers to create the title and thanks to Kaisercraft I had a great selection of roses, rub-ons, die cuts and mini alphas and rhinestones.  


I'm really pleased with the finished effect and met the evidence using metal brads, flowers, butterflies which I both punched and fussy cut and also a platinum painted button. The title uses Ransom style lettering. Testimony was to journal a quirk ... I certainly did that and I also used the random word generator which gave me 'eccentric' ... yep that fits me!  Using a rub-on journal spot meant I met this in several ways.

A few close ups to give more detail:


Journaling reads: Spoons are just one aspect of my quirkiness.  I like to use different spoons with specific foods.  I also have aprons for cooking savoury food or baking, or special event cakes.  This is just the tip of the ice-berg ... I also love woodgrain and have a collection of wooden spoons and spatulas which I choose to use depending on my mood.  Journal spot: I used to be embarrassed but now I embrace my eccentricities!


Thanks for dropping by ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment