Wednesday 30 April 2014

Not everyone Believes

It's challenge time again on Merly Impressions and this month is to use punches, dies or diecuts.  I'm not a great user of die cuts but I do have a Kaisercraft 6 1/2" paper pad that contains a good selection of die cuts.  I also have some punches so finally set about meeting this challenge.  While at it I thought I might as well try and fit it into another CSI challenge, this time combined with Scrap 365.  




I recently took some photos of my sister and each one I showed her she disliked.  She would not allow me to 'tag' her in them on social networks ... and yet the photos she has posted herself are, in my mind, not as good or flattering as those that I have taken.  She thinks she looks dreadful and finds fault in everything.  She cannot see herself as everyone else does.  I was determined to take a photo that she would not object to so decided on a profile shot ... this didn't work as well as I had hoped but she will be happy that her face can't be seen.  We have very few photos of the two of us but there is one taken recently. As she was wearing a very bright jumper I decided to converted it to black and white. This may have helped her jumper but did nothing for my complexion, but I refuse to be as critical as she is!  This layout is entitled 'Believe' as she really should believe that she is beautiful.  She should learn to see herself as others see her and believe that the photos really are OK.  Let's hope she doesn't actually read my blog or I shall be in trouble!




I am currently trying to experiment with inks and splattering. My first experiments were foolishly undertaken one evening while sipping wine.  May I advise that this is not a good idea.  Once again I seem unable to wash it off!






I created this layout in record time for me as the closing deadline is approaching fast.  I did not have time to take photos to document my creative process (which is not particularly creative).  I was proud of my stenciling with gesso and I formed a variety of ink splatters.  Unfortunately the most effective splats and drips were later hidden behind my photos and paper strips. I still don't know how to get the ink to properly splatter and not just be a spot, but I am pleased that I have made a start.  I am also annoyed that it was not until after I had splattered that I realised the paper was upside down, possibly not that noticeable but there is solid text over the entire page and I suddenly realised it was upside down ... hey ho anything goes in scrapping!  Other scrappers have a definite style and this is not something that I can say.  I am still exploring new ideas and techniques and enjoying different styles.  Often I feel that something is missing but am never sure what.  I recently saw a quote that stated: If all else fails add another embellishment.  I'm often afraid that adding something else may just be too much, I am not good at shabby chic as I never add quite enough to layer.

A few close ups to show a little more detail and the journaling:




I chose to use butterflies as an embellishment as they signify the transformation from a caterpillar that nobody finds very appealing to the full blown beauty and colour of a butterfly. If only my sister would believe she has transformed into a butterfly, she is not the caterpillar she thinks she is.

Thanks for looking and offering any crafty suggestions

No comments:

Post a Comment