Thursday 28 August 2014

Time to Journal

The challenge this month on Merly Impressions  is to   feature jounalling.  For me my layouts do tend to be about capturing the moment and that often means the journaling. Sometimes the photo is sufficient but I like to capture the emotion and that isn't always possible with just a photo.



The photos I've used here are of my godson holding my hand ... that may be a normal everyday thing for most people with children, but as he lives in Australia and I am in England we do not get to see him very often.  On this holiday when he was 3 years old he did not really know who we were.  It was a special moment when he voluntarily held my hand and showed that he both trusted and liked me.  I wanted to capture how special this bond is to me.  As he is growing we face similar challenges on each visit as he has to get to me all over again.  I hope it will get easier as he gets older and his memory is better. This is my incentive to keep visiting every 2 or 3 years ... that and the opportunity go shopping in amazing scrap shops. Last time I discovered a Kaisercraft outlet store ... that is definitely a reason to return!  This layout features an old Kaiser collection and shows that soft colours can still work on a boy layout.

Thanks for looking and leaving any comments

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracy,

    Lovely layouts and great journalling. Thak you for entering the Merly Challenge.
    Chrissy xXx

    ReplyDelete