Sunday 3 August 2014

Cat Attack

For a while I've been meaning to scrap about my cat deciding to live with me and the beauty of CSI is that you can interpret the case file in almost any way you like.  I had intended to use the photo in last week's challenge but ran out of time to take part so there was a little artistic licence to use it this week.



My interpretation took two attempts.  I had wanted to get messy with ink and paint and I stenciled and painted a tree with branches reaching across the layout ... it looked impressive even if I do say so myself. However it didn't work with the photo and after sticking down a lot of stuff yesterday, it all got peeled off today.  Today's finished article is nothing like I originally imagined but here it is:


Using all the colours was not easy but with a few embellishments I made it. The paper strips are actually more pale green than the blue that it appears to be in this photo. The final evidence did not include the original plan of trees, branches and leaves so have used string and a bird and a few stamped hexagons.  The testimony used the inspiration word 'cute' and was hand written around the page. The journaling reads:
Every day you stalked me.  You tried to look cute ... Often you looked quite silly.  You found every open window and door.  Eventually you found a crack in my heart and opened that.

Morpheus did not belong to me but to a family up the road.  For the best part of a year he tried to get into my house ... and usually succeeded. He would sit outside doors and windows and stare at me.  In hot weather when doors and windows were open he would come into the house and make himself at home.  The first time I ever saw him in the house he was sat in the middle of my dining table!

I tried my hardest not to encourage him but he was not to be deterred and I eventually succumbed and allowed him to be a permanent resident.  Unfortunately the other resident cat took umbrage and after many traumatic encounters she moved out and in with another neighbour.

A few close-ups show more detail.  I was pleased to use the stamps showing the days of the week and months of the year, as this summed up perfectly how long Morpheus persisted in joining our household.  It is now five years and we wouldn't be without him.  I still laugh when I see the photo of him on the fence as if to say 'Look at me, no legs!'

photo printing has left blemishes but love the little wooden kitty and tree with heart


wonderful Kaisercraft rubon
It's the first time I've used hessian on a layout and it certainly wont be the last.  I love the natural homespun feel it gives and it's really easy to unravel to get any length fringe.

Thanks for looking and leaving any comments.  I am constantly inspired by the talent that I see around and often struggle to create something that I believe is comparable but it's fun just creating and stroking pretty paper of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment