Saturday 25 July 2015

Felt Food ... a Whole New World Awaits

Since last week's first steps into the world of felt I have discovered that it is indeed a whole new expansive territory.  I feel like a new explorer following the path trodden by those before me.  I am almost embarrassed to admit that the fascination with felt has become an obsession and I have even been dreaming about my next projects.  Rather than have yet another disturbed night it seemed preferable to actually get creative in the flesh (or felt) again.


Pepperoni Pizza is ready in the oven and my ability to create it is all thanks to the inspiration and instruction on Pinterest. Talented crafters out there have shown me that it is possible to create an entire smorgasboard of food, but I am making do with a small menu.  

Step by step instructions enabled me to prepare this pizza and I would never have done it without the talent and help of cyberspace crafters ... thank you Andersruff for this tutorial.  I am not great at sewing but this was easy enough for me to follow.

These are my stages of pizza construction:

Create a stuffed crust













                            Add a rich tomato sauce














Top with some mozzarella slices 













Add a selection of sliced mushrooms














And finally scatter some pepperoni and sliced peppers .... Good enough to eat!











Having got into the swing of this I still had time and the inclination to make a few more courses:


Farfalle with meatballs and cherry tomatoes in tomato sauce 

Ravioli with fresh herbs and tomato sauce












Thanks so much for humouring my current obsession ... be warned there is more to come.
I am now mulling over sandwiches, wraps, cookies and desserts.  I'm not planning a work of art but some practical representational food that will be good fun for play.

No comments:

Post a Comment