Monday 26 January 2015

The Power of Puree

I have an addiction to cutting out recipes from magazines because they look good and I want to try them ... and then I file them away in the 'one day' corner of my mind. Last weekend I found a folded up piece of paper torn out of the Sunday Mail You magazine from July 2000.  It had four recipes on it and I can't remember now which one I wanted to try, but Tim's carrot puree with basil looked good when I needed a different way to cook the interminable supply of carrots in my fridge.



And now there is no going back ... the best carrot recipe ever!

Ingredients  (serves 2 adults and 2 small children):
500g / 18oz medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1 Tbsp chopped basil
60g / 2 1/4oz parmesan cheese, freshly grated
salt and black pepper
a knob of butter (optional)

Method:
Steam or boil the carrots until tender, then drain.  Add the basil, parmesan and seasoning and puree in the blender or food processor until smooth.  Finish with the butter, if you like.



This recipe is too good not to share - you really should give it a go.  
It's quick, easy and tasty ... what more could you want

No comments:

Post a Comment