Friday 5 December 2014

Bubble and Squeak Soup



I'm not very keen on sprouts but am proud of the fact that I will eat almost anything, and after all ... those little green blighters are the epitome of festive fare.  This week I searched my books for a recipe that I tried a few years ago but seemed unable to find again.  I searched the internet and my cupboard full of books and am thankful that I finally found it on an old newsletter from 2005 from Riverford

In my mind it is the best thing to do with brussel sprouts and is very tasty.  So go on ... give it a go and revolutionise your view of sprouts.

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 rashers streaky bacon, rind removed and cut into small pieces
500g potatoes, diced
300g brusssel sprouts, chopped
1.5 litres chicken stock
25g parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Method:
Heat oil in a large pan.  Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the bacon and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until it begins to brown. Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.  Add stock to cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.  Add chopped sprouts and simmer for another 10 minutes or until cooked.  Liquidise or pass through a mouli. Add more stock if required.  Season and sprinkle with parmesan.



I really hope you do try it and even more that you enjoy it

No comments:

Post a Comment